This weekend, June 28th & 29th, we will be working on the track to prepare for the Summer Scorcher. We encourage any and all club members to come out and lend a hand. Don’t forget to bring plenty of sunscreen and cold drinks.
Round 3 of our Spring Saturday Series is this Saturday, May 17th @1pm. We have had great turnouts for this series so far and we hope it continues into round 3. The track will open for practice at 11am so come on out and get some laps in before we start. See ya there!
Just a friendly reminder to everyone, we are having a club race this Saturday, May 10th @1pm. The weather is looking great and the forecast is also calling for a little drop in the temps too. Make sure to pack plenty of water for the day!
With the weather taking a turn for the better this weekend, we will be holding a club race on sunday, May 4th @ 1pm as originally discussed. This race will be 2 quals and mains. Hope to see you guys out there.
In order to get ready for the race, club members will be out there prepping the track for tomorrow throughout the day. All help is appreciated.
With the weather not cooperating with us lately, Round 3 of the Saturday Series has been rescheduled to May 17th @ 1pm.
We will also be holding a club race next weekend, May 10th @ 1pm, so we can get more runtime on the track for everyone.
The race schedule has also been updated with the most current information.
Attention everyone! There will be a club meeting next Wednesday, April 30th, @ 7pm. Our Saturday Series Final and Summer Scorcher are fast approaching and i’m sure there are some things to discuss about these races. We would like for as many people to make it as possible. If time permits, maybe we could get an early start on prepping for Rd.3 of the Saturday Series behind held that Saturday.
Savannah Chatham Off-Road Racing Enthusiasts
By popular demand, here are the results from Round 2 of the Spring Series! Congrats to the winners.
- Novice 2WD SCT: Sean Pressburg | 11/8:22.943 | TQ
- Open 2WD Buggy: Tim Smith | 17/10:03.651 | TQ
- Stock 2WD SCT: Robert Vercruysee | 15/10:19.293
- Open Stadium Truck: Tim Smith | 17/10:13.013 | TQ
- Open 4WD SCT: Justin Shaub | 17/10:28.884 | TQ
- 1/8 Nitro Buggy: Patrick Rossiter | 38/20:01.918 | TQ
- 1/8 Electric Buggy: Cathy Kraus | 18/10:24.791 | TQ
- 1/8 Nitro Truggy: Andrew Register | 20/12:26.467
Alright everyone, in the link below is a schedule of races for the rest of the year at Phil Hurd Raceway. This is what we will follow for the remaining part of the year. Of course with the chance of bad weather at times, some races may be changed or canceled. So please check our homepage or Track Talk forum for updates regarding such races.
- Novice 2WD SCT: Sean Pressburg | 11/8:39.331 | TQ
- Open 2WD Buggy: Tim Smith | 17/10:33.370 | TQ
- Stock 2WD SCT: Mark Cheney | 14/10:33.600 | TQ
- Open Stadium Truck: Tim Smith | 17/10:25.693 | TQ
- Open 4WD SCT: Billy Barrow | 17/10:01.416
- 1/8 Nitro Buggy: Patrick Rossiter | 37/20:03.064 | TQ
- 1/8 Electric Buggy: Chris Yarborough | 18/10:00.220 | TQ
Don’t forget everyone, SCORE will be holding its first Fun Day Race this Saturday. This will definitely be something out of the norm for us but a lot of fun at the same time. Track will open for practice at 11am and signups will end at 12:30pm followed by a drivers meeting with a schedule of the days events. Racing will start promptly at 1pm. See you guys at the track!
Activities for the day include:
Easter Egg hunt
Parent / Child Cave Man Race
Traditional 2 quals with mains.